Friday, July 23, 2010

This morning I woke up a little before 4 a.m. feeling a little cramp-y but then it grew into excruciating pain. I thought maybe I was going to NEED to use the bathroom so i went in there, but nothing happened except more pain and then the nausea happened and then i almost passed out. I called Scott and I eventually crawled back into bed and dealt with pain til morning. I was supposed to have my work-out class at 8 a.m. I don't like being a wuss, but didn't think it was smart for me to go, so i text-ed both Andrew and Michele to say i wasn't going to make it. After speaking with a nurse, she encouraged me to go to Urgent Care, so I did.

Long story short, I have a cyst on my right ovary that apparently has ruptured and that's why the pain has spread. Now I'm fine, but have residual pain and bloating. Scott is going to take the boys to my brothers and I'm going to stay home and recoup. The 4 hour drive and sleeping on an air-mattress in a tent, doesn't sound so good to me right now.

As for the recovery, i just need to lay low for a few days. The 12-week boot camp challenge this week is to go 21.5 miles. Run, Bike, Walk or Elliptical at least 3 different methods, minimum 2 miles a method - all within 3 days of starting. I'm hoping i feel well enough to get this done.

No comments: