Thursday, March 15, 2012

12 hours of Sebring

Today I sent Scott off to a get-away with his dad. They are going to go to a race "12 hours of Sebring". I'm so excited for him to get some "guy-time" with his dad.


Scott loves cars––he got that from his dad. So I'm happy for him to have the opportunity to have a whole weekend to watch cars go whizzing by. This is not your typical red-neck NASCAR, either this is the ALMS (American Le Mans Series). http://sebringraceway.com/faqs.lasso  Now, I don't mind racing, and I don't mind watching a race or two, but I don't get excited about it, like Scott does.  So, this weekend, what could be better for a guy than spending time with your "Pops" watching noisy cars go round and round??


There was a time when I would have been upset and selfish about him leaving me for a few days to have fun. Will I miss him? You bet. Would it be easier if he were home? You bet. But I have learned that both of us need time away, once in a while. It's funny how just being away for a couple of days can rejuvenate a relationship. Even though we are perfect for each other, we can't always fill each other's needs. 



Whoop it up!!

No comments: