Thursday, April 5, 2012

Home Again

I never exactly posted (on Facebook, that I recall) that I was working a temporary job at our church as a "ministry coordinator".  I started the first week in January and just finished my last day today.  My hours ranged from 25-32 hours over the past 12 weeks.  When I first accepted the job, it was to work 16 hours a week, but some things changed, and they asked me if I could do 30/week instead. While I really didn't WANT to work 30 hours a week, Scott and I decided that because this was a temporary "gig", that I should go ahead and take the assignment.   


There are a few things that I learned during while I worked:

  1. I like doing administrative work.
  2. Laundry does not fold itself.
  3. Pastors are human (and that's not a bad thing).
  4. I really like working at my church.
  5. Toilets and floors don't clean themselves.
  6. I like doing administrative work.
  7. It doesn't work to start a diet and a new job at the same time.
  8. I'm still pretty proficient at the computer.
  9. Working 30+ hours a week leaves little time to exercise.
  10. I like doing administrative work.
  11. Groceries don't buy themselves and make meals on their own.
  12. At work, I can be someone other than "Mom".
  13. Did I mention that I really like administrative work?

Anyway, there are MANY more things that I learned, but one thing I know is that as much as I enjoyed working there, the timing is just not right for me to go "back to work".  The extra cash was nice, but God provides and I trust HIM.


I am happy to be home. My kids are happy that I am home.  My husband is VERY happy that I am home. Does that mean that I'm going to be "Little Miss Perfect Homemaker"?  I would love to say yes, but after 16 years of being home full-time, I still don't have it mastered.


Through God's grace, I will continue to strive to the be woman of God that he desires for me to be––and that's creating home for my family.

1 comment:

Jamie Willow said...

assuming you still go to CVC and worked there...the starting a diet post is extra funny to me...there was endless junk food available when I worked there. so not good for a diet :)

miss you! I am glad you figured out you like doing administrative work. admins are what makes the world turn. well, the business world. moms are the ones who make the real world turn ;)