Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer

Summer is a little daunting to me. It starts out exciting because we dont have to get up early for school, we can be more leisurely about life. But its never the way it seems to work out. Either we have so much scheduled, I drop lifeless at the end of the day, or we border on boredom and idleness. Why is it so hard to find a balance?

I get tired of being the "Cruise Director" of the home. Because everyone wants to have fun, but no one wants to work (me neither, but it's got to get done sometime).
I get tired of being the referee.
I am tired of the boy who only wants to use the blue bowl or plate.
I want to be the mom who has it together, where the house is clean the kids are happy, and I'm happy. Today I am not happy, and I'll never really ever have it together, but I know God is my strength and tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: